Three miles north of Baytown, Texas's central business district, resides one of the area's oldest and most celebrated aviation establishments: Baytown Airport (HPY).
HPY has recently been revitalized stripping the rickety persona and allowing it to be transformed into a premiere up-and-coming airport for Houston's east side.
Expanding Our Services
- ASOS Station - The airport is working with local users of the airport to install an ASOS weather station. We think we have a good chance of getting the system for Baytown. This would really be a plus for KHPY and other local airports nearby.
- Office Space - The airport has office space for rent with 24/7 access for your convenience.
- Main Hangar - To Be Completed Early 2015! Baytown Airport has finished the design, engineering and permitting for a new main hangar. The hangar will be 105’x243’ and have door openings of 108’wide x28’ high and another section of 60’wide x 18’ high doors. The hangar will include automatic door openers and will have a customer restroom located inside the hangar.
- Customer Box Hangar sites - Baytown Airport has several available sites for box hangars large enough to store almost any size aircraft you have. If you are interested in having your own hangar built to suite your needs or your companies needs please give us a call.
- Covered Aircraft Tie-down’s - The airport is in the feasibility stage of building “covered” tie-down spots with asphalt taxiway access. The spots would be sized to fit most light twins and would have electrical power for the customers use. If you are interested in renting such a spot please give the airport manager a call at 713-303-8638 to reserve your spot.
- Aircraft Rental and Flight Training is now available at Baytown Airport. Come out and see our Piper Warrior or better yet get checked out and take it for a spin.
- Introductory Flights $99 - If you or someone you know is contemplating flight training, it is recommended that he/she starts by taking an Introductory Flying Lesson. During this lesson the student will be accompanied in an aircraft by one of our FAA certified flight instructor's. The instructor will talk the student through the preflight, takeoff, basic flight maneuvers, and landing phases, with a student doing the majority of the flying. "Click Here" for more information.